ADSM-L

Question on BackupSet compatibility

2000-12-27 16:35:43
Subject: Question on BackupSet compatibility
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:24:03 -0500
Hi all-

Anyone know if it is possible to generate a backupset on a given
platform that can be used to perform a local restore on a client node of
a different type?

For example, if I generate a backupset on an AIX TSM server using a DLT
drive, can I restore that DLT backupset locally on, say, an NT client
with a DLT drive?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I don't see anything that
explicitly says you can or cannot do this.

Thanks...

-Lloyd
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:716-389-1260    fax:716-389-1267