ADSM-L

OS/390 TCPIP or Cisco CIP Problem

2000-12-27 15:32:29
Subject: OS/390 TCPIP or Cisco CIP Problem
From: "Coles, Peter" <PJCg AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:30:59 -0800
Hello All,
I am currently in the process of moving all of my clients to a TSM 4.1 for
OS/390 server. However, randomly the processing fails as the device, in this
case 0840, fails to remain in the A-BSY state. This is the link between the
mainframe and the Cisco CIP card. The session begin to fail with the timeout
error, due to the communication link failure.

Has anyone had similar experiences in the OS/390 environment?

Peter Coles
Pacific Gas and Electric Co.
pjcg AT pge DOT com
805-545-4237