ADSM-L

Re: Exclude-Include question

2000-12-26 09:03:11
Subject: Re: Exclude-Include question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 09:03:45 -0500
>        One thing I'm trying to do is to backup just the contents of one
>directory on a server. ...

David - To accomplish that, the simplest way is to perform an Incremental
        (dsmc i) or Selective (dsmc sel) backup, specifying what you want
to back up.  Include-Exclude specifications are really for when you are
specifying a file system backup but want to include or exclude just
certain things.  In your case, you should not need to get into that complexity.

>        Data path of the dumps F:\backup\data dumps\*.*

Because of the space within the directory name, be sure to enclose the
path name in quotes.

  Richard Sims, BU