ADSM-L

Re: How does Import process work ?

2000-12-22 07:10:28
Subject: Re: How does Import process work ?
From: Kenneth & Susan Bury <kbury AT CAROLINA.RR DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 07:10:38 -0500
First, if the tape drives are the same in the two libraries, I would simply
update the existing devclass to point to the new library. If I remember
right then it is simply a matter of checking the tapes into the new library.
If a tape contains TSM data it is always private.
Second, I would consider 'moving' the data. Start by reconnecting your pools
to the new library to make sure all the new data is going to the new
library. Once you are happy that it is working properly, start moving the
data from tape volumes.
Third, read over the import and export functions very carefully. I'm not
sure if the import/export function is really what you want to use to migrate
your data to the new library.

Ken