ADSM-L

Re: individual file size > 2 GB - voulme groups

2000-12-21 03:19:34
Subject: Re: individual file size > 2 GB - voulme groups
From: Keith Davey <kdavey AT GUS33.HOMEIP DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 01:00:52 -0700
Well I think an individule file needs to be contained with in an agragate.
Therefore the max size file TSM server could handel would be the max
addressable size of a single agragate.  I am not certain what that size
limit is.  However that does rase an interesting scenario.  We know that
an agragate can not span across multipal physical volumes.  So say you
have an 10 GB 4mm device, and the file you are backing up is 15GB.  That
would make it impossable for that file to be backed up because the media
is unable to contain the whole agragated transfer.  Of cource this is
shooting off the hip hypothisis, and I could be completly mistaken.

Keith Davey