ADSM-L

AW: Monthly Full backups

2000-12-20 05:20:50
Subject: AW: Monthly Full backups
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:21:19 +0100
Why don't you do a second incremental (with a different nodename) every
day/night with a management class that allows only 1 version?

Result would be nearly continous tapes with the data you need for recovery.
(together with collacation)

The problem with backupsets is that their generation needs a lot of tape and
cpu time and after a short time the bs are outdated.

With Regards,
Stefan Holzwarth