ADSM-L

Re: Monthly Full backups

2000-12-19 14:01:16
Subject: Re: Monthly Full backups
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:01:43 -0600
We have some users who want to do full monthly backups and keep these
separate from the normal backups (ie. do a backup once a month and keep for
1 year).

We do this via the Archive, but it has it's limitations:
must specify each drive letter/ file system
can't archive all of the WIN2K System Ojbects

What I would love is if the Archive had an option to use the Domain
Statement.

Also, If Backup Sets could use an existing Storage Pool instead of requiring
a separate Tape for each Node - then simply schedule a monthly command to
generate a backup set (no network traffic required) - this also does not
support all of the WIN2K Sysetm Objects.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg
trushfor AT city.winnipeg.mb DOT ca