ADSM-L

Re: Restore Throughput

2000-12-18 15:59:15
Subject: Re: Restore Throughput
From: "Jeffus, Dan" <Dan.Jeffus AT FLHOSP DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:03:25 -0500
This is some benchmarks that I had run.

TSM / ArcServer Backup-Restore Comparison

Test server:    Compaq 7000
                Pentium Pro 200
                Ram 1703 Meg.
                Test volume on the ESS (Shark)

Original restore from FHNW108 to FHNW950 12.4 gig 7 hours 1.77 gig/hour. I
restored this to 2 different locations. For a total of 24.8 gigs plus
another volume for a total of 26.2 gigs.

The Backup test used both ArcServe and TSM.

TSM results 338,961 files 25.4 gig in 5 hours 15 minutes, 4.83 gig/hour.

ArcServe results 313,058 26.2 gig in 8 hours, 3.27 gig/hour

The Restore test used both ArcServe and TSM.

TSM results from recent backup 329,721 files 25.36 gig in 4 hours 25
minutes, 5.74 gig/hr
TSM results from old backup 166,084 files 11.78 gig in 4 hours 45 minutes,
2.48 gig/hr

ArcServer results 313058 files 26.229 meg of data restored in 8 hour 36
minutes, 3.05 gig/hour.

Dan Jeffus
Intel Systems
Florida Hospital