ADSM-L

Re: Dropping pending tapes to scratch

2000-12-18 15:50:56
Subject: Re: Dropping pending tapes to scratch
From: Kathleen M Hallahan <Kathleen_Hallahan AT FREDDIEMAC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:49:04 -0500
As in fact they did--thanks to all for the replies!

Kathleen

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> on 12/18/2000 02:41:18 PM

  To:          ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  cc:          (bcc: Kathleen M Hallahan/ISS/HQ/FHLMC)

  Subject      Re: Dropping pending tapes to scratch
  :

>When a storage pool contains tapes in pending status, and the pool is
>subsequently updated to "reusedelay=0 days," how long should it take before
>those tapes drop into scratch status?  I expected them to change status
>immediately, and they aren't.....

Pending volumes are re-evaluated every hour, beginning 60 minutes
after the server is started.  At that time, the "reusedelay=0 days"
will be observed and the Pending volumes will go to Scratch.
   Richard Sims, BU