ADSM-L

Restore Tape Drive Usage

2000-12-18 08:56:30
Subject: Restore Tape Drive Usage
From: Louis Wiesemann <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:55:25 -0500
We are running TSM 3.7.3.0 and trying to complete a large restore from over the
weekend which had to be restarted last night due to a hardware problem.  It  is
my understanding that restore requests will only use one tape drive for
mounting restore volumes.  My boss is asking if there is a way to make the
restore use more of the drives.  I've already suggested breaking up the restore
into multiple commands.  I was unable to find documentation that each restore
session would only use one drive.   Can anyone verify this (for my boss) or
tell me how to make a restore session use more than one drive at a time, if
possible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952Louis J. Wiesemann