ADSM-L

Re: ANR 8413E UPdate Drive : Drive is currently in use

2000-12-18 07:30:51
Subject: Re: ANR 8413E UPdate Drive : Drive is currently in use
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 07:31:07 -0500
>     At times, the tape volume is not able to unload it self from a 3590
>     E1A tape drive ( for any reason) and the drive becomes 'unavailable"
>     for TSM. Though the problem gets rectified in the library but I "have"
>     to restart the TSM server to make it available again in TSM.

Sounds like you may have a hardware problem.  Does your 3494 have an
Intervention Required status?  Does the 3590 show an error indication on its
front panel?  If so, the drive needs the attention of an IBM technician.
This is not TSM's fault.  Don't expect TSM commands to work properly with
defective hardware.

   Richard Sims, BU