ADSM-L

Re: Can't Del Disk Vol

2000-12-15 18:05:52
Subject: Re: Can't Del Disk Vol
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:58:50 EST
In article <NCBBLFNODJGLPCFHILMLMEGBEFAA.jbassi AT ihwy DOT com>, "Joshua S.
Bassi"
<jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM> says:

>All,
>
>I have a customer with a disk storage pool volume that
>won't delete.  It is a raw logical volume and somehow
>it was removed from the system, so it needs to be
>purged out of the ADSM database.
>
>del vol /dev/radsmpool19
>and
>del vol /dev/radsmpool19
>
>Produce a message that indicates "ANR9999d dfqry.c(595):
>Missing row for bitfile 0.27709337" and "ANR2406E volume
>still contains data"

Hello Joshua

I believe that you have two methods that will work, depending about
the past history of the data recorded as existing on the volumes.

If you want to keep the missing file data and you have a copy of the
data on a copypool volume then you can use the "restore volume"
command to restore the data from the copypool to a volume that is
not destroyed. This process will delete the tsm data base refrences
to the data on the destroyed volumes.

Or if you do not want to save the data, issue the "delete volume"
command with the "discarddata=yes" option.

If these do not work then you should call the support center and see
if they have a method of cleaning the entries out of the data base.

/len

Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                          (919) 531-6241
Cary NC 27513