ADSM-L

Can't Del Disk Vol

2000-12-15 17:27:19
Subject: Can't Del Disk Vol
From: "Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:29:30 -0800
All,

I have a customer with a disk storage pool volume that
won't delete.  It is a raw logical volume and somehow
it was removed from the system, so it needs to be
purged out of the ADSM database.

del vol /dev/radsmpool19
and
del vol /dev/radsmpool19

Produce a message that indicates "ANR9999d dfqry.c(595):
Missing row for bitfile 0.27709337" and "ANR2406E volume
still contains data"

AIX 4.3.3 ML 6
TSM 3.1.2.42

I am here to upgrade it to 4.1.1.0, but I won't to fix
this problem before I did the upgrade.  I tried to delete
it after updating the volume to being destroyed as well as
unavailable but that did not work.  Maybe the upgrade to
the newer code will allow me to fix it, but I'm not holding
my breadth.

Any ideas?

--
Joshua S. Bassi