ADSM-L

Archive Performance Problem with TSM 3.7.2.4

2000-12-15 07:22:16
Subject: Archive Performance Problem with TSM 3.7.2.4
From: Hanna Hahne <Hanna.Hahne AT DKFZ-HEIDELBERG DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:22:46 +0200
Since we upgraded our Server from ADSM 3.1.2.55 to TSM 3.7.4
we experience bad archive performance. Compared to the previous
server it takes 10 times as long to archive a file and it is not
network or client time. We see high DB activity and wait at the
server. We use TSM as archive backend for radiological pictures.
With this performance we are no more able to store the daily
generated pictures!
Do other installations experience the same?
Hanna Hahne                      email:  Hanna.Hahne AT dkfz DOT de
ZDV (R0100)                      Tel.:   06221 42 2357
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum Fax:    06221 42 2399
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280