ADSM-L

exclude archive question

2000-12-14 16:50:25
Subject: exclude archive question
From: "Davidson, Becky" <DAVIDSBX AT EGR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:49:11 -0600
aix 4.3.3
adsm 3.1.2.40

I am sure this is a simple question but I need someone to reconfirm my
thought.  I have a filesystem /oracle/PR1.  In it there are several
subdirectories i.e. /oracle/PR1/bin, /oracle/PR1/exec etc that I need backed
up daily.  There are also some filesystems /oracle/PR1/sapdata101
/oracle/PR1/sapdata201 etc that I only want backed up when I do a "cold
backup"(which is done to a different management class).  We were doing an
incremental on /oracle/PR1 with a sub=yes and the filesystems that I didn't
want backed up were in the incl/excl list.  We are now implementing disaster
recovery and I want a full copy of those directories and subdirectories
every day.  So I had planned to do an archive.  That leads to the problem.
If I do an archive sub=yes then I will get all of the filesystems that I
don't want.  If I don't do a sub=yes then I miss an ever changing number of
subdirectories.  My only solution appears to be do a selective every night.
Is there something I am missing?  Can I do excludes on the command line?
Any assistance y'all can offer would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Becky Davidson
Data Manager/AIX Administrator
EDS/Earthgrains