ADSM-L

Re: 3494 lmcp instances on Sun

2000-12-14 13:22:04
Subject: Re: 3494 lmcp instances on Sun
From: Keith Davey <kdavey AT GUS33.HOMEIP DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:03:32 -0700
Per the admin guide:

For an IBM 3494 Tape Library Dataserver, use the information in IBM SCSI
Device Drivers: Installation and User's Guide
to install the driver. The driver is the IBM Tape Library Driver for Sun
Solaris, which consists of the lmcpd (a daemon) and
other components.

To determine the name to use to define the library to TSM, check what you
entered in the /etc/ibmatl.conf file for the library's
symbolic name. Use this information to complete the Device Name field on
your worksheet.

For example, if the symbolic name for the library in the /etc/ibmatl.conf
file is 3494a, enter that name on the worksheet in the
Device Name field for the library.

---
I do not beleve there is a /dev/lmcp0 in sun.  The communications are
I do not beleve there is a /dev/lmcp0 in sun.  The communications are
facilitated via the daemon process.

Hope this is helpfull

Keith Davey