ADSM-L

Re: Getting a batch job to ignore server prompt.

2000-12-14 09:56:50
Subject: Re: Getting a batch job to ignore server prompt.
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:54:18 -0500
> I have a batch job that used to run quite well on the ADSM 3.1 server.
> After upgrading to version 3.7 the batch job stopped working. I just
> realized today that the script was failing because the server was asking
> a question:
>
> THIS PROCESS MAY TAKE ALONG TIME OR USE A LOT OF RESOURCES..... Reply
> Yes or No
> TO CONTINUE.
>
> Anyone know how I can avoid this prompt in a batch job??

I'm guessing that the batch job runs the dsmadmc command. There is a
-noconfirm option for dsmadmc that is supposed to suppress confirmation
messages. I have used it successfully for confirmation messages connected with
messages. I have used it successfully for confirmation messages connected with
'move data' and 'delete volume' commands. I have never tried it with the
message you quote in your mail.