ADSM-L

Re: Accounting log field 11 ?

2000-12-13 14:29:15
Subject: Re: Accounting log field 11 ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:18:55 -0500
>Field 11 in the accounting log ( dsmaccnt.log ) has the following
>description.
>
>11 Normal server termination indicator (Normal=X'01',Abnormal=X'00')
>
>Under what situations does field 11 show abnormal server termination?  Do
>scheduled archives or backups that fail show up as abnormal server
>termination?  Is it when the server idle-times out a client backup or
>archive?

A good question.  I did some research and added the following to
ADSM.QuickFacts:

     11     Normal server termination indicator (Normal="1", Abnormal="00").
            Is Abnormal (0) when: the session is terminated by the client, as
            via Ctrl-C (ANR0480W); or the session is terminated by the server
            due to exceeding IDLETimeout, as when a user just leaves a dsm or
            dsmc session idle (ANR0482W); or the client exceeded the COMMTimeout
            value (ANR0481W).  A schedule involving a failed status does not
            seem to cause an Abnormal termination.

  Richard