ADSM-L

Re: emulex LP8000 HBA

2000-12-13 13:18:59
Subject: Re: emulex LP8000 HBA
From: Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:17:53 -0400
Hello,
your adapter needs to be configured as "fcs0" device
for it to work with the TSM smit menus.
Since your adapter is defined as an lpfc0 device, this tells
me that you have loaded the "emulex" device driver.
The Emulex device driver corresponds to the following filesets :
     devices.pci.lpfc.diag
     devices.pci.lpfc.rte
Those filesets are provided by Emulex. In order to have
the device recognized as a fcs0 device instead of lpfc0
device, you need to remove those two filesets and
rerun cfgmgr. You of course will need to have the proper
IBM AIX fibre channel filesets installed. Those filesets
are dicussed in the TSM server readme.

Have a great day !

Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee