ADSM-L

Vedr: emulex LP8000 HBA

2000-12-13 05:13:41
Subject: Vedr: emulex LP8000 HBA
From: Peter Svendsen <peter.svendsen AT ALMBRAND DOT DK>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:04:55 +0100
JOEL WROTE:
I'm trying to configure a new H80 AIX 4.3.3 host with TSM 4.1.1 using an
Emulex LP8000 host bus adapter connected to an STK 9840 fibre channel disk
drive.  Per the installation instructions in the Quick Start Guidem I
loaded
the fibre channel pre-req's for the fcrte fileset; but they seem to be for
the Emulex LP7000 card.  Config manager, cfgmgr, wants the level 8 drivers
which I don't believe IBM released.  So I loaded the drivers from Emulex.
Cfgmgr will configure the devices; but "smit tsm_devices" fails to list or
find any fiber channel devices.

If you have a working config using the Emulex LP8000 would you mind sharing
how you set it up?

****************************************'***

If the information i got is correct, LP8000 with EMULEX driver and formware
is not supported
in AIX 4.3.3, so you have to use LP7000 with IBM firmware, and the driver
comes with AIX 4.3.3.
Or you have to buy the HBA from IBM (that by the way is and OEM vertion of
LP7000) but
is sold via IBM.

We have installed both LP8000 with AIX 4.2.1 and AIX 4.3.2, but have to use
IBM (HBA) on
AIX 4.3.3 and then Zone the Switch into an EMULEX and an IBM zone, so that
thay don't

I hope this helps you just a little bit..

Kind regards.

Med venlig hilsen

Peter Svendsen
Alm. Brand
Lyngby Hovedgade 4
DK-2800  Lyngby
Tlf: +45 4596 7758
E-Mail: Peter.Svendsen AT AlmBrand DOT Dk