ADSM-L

Re: tape volumes with unknown content

2000-12-12 11:37:37
Subject: Re: tape volumes with unknown content
From: Keith Davey <kdavey AT GUS33.HOMEIP DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:19:08 -0700
You might try checking these volumes into a library and then run q content
on them.  That or an audit volume.  However if the volhist states they are
STGDELETE then most likly they were data volumes that once belonged to a
storage pool, but were eather deleted, or all the data on them were
expired or reclaimed off the tape.  Thus they would normaly have been
returned to scratch.

Hope this is helpfull

Keith Davey
Tivoli Systems