ADSM-L

Re: V2 archives retrievable in v3.7?

2000-12-12 11:22:21
Subject: Re: V2 archives retrievable in v3.7?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:22:44 -0500
>Our Financial Systems production includes archiving all file transfers from
>the mainframe on *SM, 115,000 files so far.  The platform is OS/2 running
>V2R1 of ADSM.  The OS/2 admin says he cannot upgrade his client because he
>understands from the V3R7 README that he must retrieve all those files and
>rearchive them to have them available on any upgraded client.
>
>Is this so?  If it is, is there an easy way to do this?

Standard caveat: When someone claims that documentation says a certain thing,
make sure they provide a quote or specific pointer to where it says that,
else they are wasting your time.

What I see in that README is the standard advisory in the client READMEs:
that once you go to a new client level and use it, you cannot go back.
No product would survive in the marketplace if it required reprocessing
all past data in an upgrade.

   Richard Sims, BU