ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:25:43
We have an IBM H70 server running aix 4.3.3 and TSM 3.7.3 hooked up to =
an
IBM 3494 with two Magstar 3590 tape drives. There are cleaning tapes in
the unit but occasionally we get these messages in the AIX error report:

IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP  T C RESOURCE_NAME  DESCRIPTION
E507DCF9   1210101500 I H rmt1           TAPE DRIVE NEEDS CLEANING
D1A1AE6F   1210101500 I H rmt1           TAPE SIM/MIM RECORD

Is this normal? To my knowledge the 3494 should be configured to clean
itself. The previous time AIX griped was a month ago so this is not a
daily occurrence.

Thanks..

Gerald Wichmann
Systems Engineer