ADSM-L

Re: Monitoring Oracle/tdp clients

2000-12-08 10:04:28
Subject: Re: Monitoring Oracle/tdp clients
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:55:25 -0500
Hi Jim:
We use SQL-BACKTRACK for the ORACLE/TSM backups and like you, do not directly
see the results, just the result of the script initiating. Hence, the creation
and emailing of the log. I would assume you would need to do a similar thing
and then add a script to sift the output for return codes / timing and perhaps
use AIX logging facilities.
It would be useful if you could log events to TSM.
Larry

>>> bkupmstr AT YAHOO DOT COM 12/08/00 09:58AM >>>
Larry,

    What we're going to do is kick off the rman backup via Ca Cross platform
scheduler. I guess what I'm really looking for is something that says the TSM
part of the backup worked successfully, how much data was backed up, the
elapsed time and maybe a few other things. Kind of what you get at the end of a
regular client session that goes to the act log on the server.

Jim