ADSM-L

Re: Monitoring Oracle/tdp clients

2000-12-08 08:52:28
Subject: Re: Monitoring Oracle/tdp clients
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 08:42:55 -0500
Hi:
What we do for db backups is initiate them via (korn shell) scripts scheduled
by TSM.
The scripts direct the output to a log file which is emailed from the aix to
our groupwise email system..

>>> bkupmstr AT YAHOO DOT COM 12/08/00 08:38AM >>>
Can anyone share with me how they are monitoring backups coming from an
oracle/tdp client.

i'd be interested in how you are checking for successfull completion of say a
cron generated rman backup

I know you can pull info from the client log files, but I'm looking for a way
to get it just from the TSM server if possible.