ADSM-L

Two ethernets for redundancy/performance?

2000-12-07 10:41:19
Subject: Two ethernets for redundancy/performance?
From: Darrell Kundrik <Darrell_Kundrik AT TRANSALTA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:25:23 -0700
We are running NSM here with a gigabit ethernet card on a private network
to back up clients. We would like to install a second gigabit card for
extra throughput and failover in case one card should happen to die. In the
initSID.utl or the dsm.opt files, it looks like I can set:

MAX_SESSIONS        4         #we have 4 tape drives

SERVER              server_a
SESSIONS            2
TCPSERVERADDRESS    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx      #address of 1st card

SERVER              server_a
SESSIONS            2
TCPSERVERADDRESS    yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy      #address of 2nd card

This should give increase bandwidth and a certain amount of failover. Is
there any method to achieve SESSIONS=4 if one of the cards should fail?

Thanks,
Darrell Kundrik