ADSM-L

Re: Recovering an AIX Server to a different server type.

2000-12-05 17:02:55
Subject: Re: Recovering an AIX Server to a different server type.
From: Christine Wickham <Christine.Wickham.B AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:38:23 -0500
Neil,

Check out the AIX 4.3.3 installation guide. Chapter 5 is Installing BOS from a
System Backup.

We've used the mksysb method to change hardware platforms (microchannel 39H  to
pci F50)  for our control workstation and it worked great. We got the entire
rootvg back, and did not have to pick and choose files. Of course, we created
the mksysb tape immediately before shutting down the 39H.

We booted from the operating system CD, stuck in the mksysb tape and then let
it restore. We then imported the remaining volumegroups from the disks.

-Chris Wickham
"DDA.RFC-822=ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/P=Internet/A= /C=us" on 12/05/2000
04:00:19 PM
"DDA.RFC-822=ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/P=Internet/A= /C=us" on 12/05/2000
04:00:19 PM
Please respond to "DDA.RFC-822=ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/P=Internet/A= /C=us"
@ X400