ADSM-L

Re: Recovering an AIX Server to a different server type. - Addendum

2000-12-05 16:29:17
Subject: Re: Recovering an AIX Server to a different server type. - Addendum
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:29:40 -0500
Addendum to previous:

1.  Make sure that the AIX CD you use is at the same level as system you do
mksysb on.

2.  If you have appiled any PTF's or Maint releases on current system, then as
soon as new system is up check apply of these to new system as you willl have
some new code on new system that doesn't have these applied as it came off of
AIX CD.

David B. Longo
Systems Administrator
Health First, Inc. I/T
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> NPoland AT TTIINC DOT COM 12/05/00 03:34PM >>>
        Does anyone know of a Redbook or manual that would cover recovering
an AIX server to a different server type? We will be migrating SP widenodes
to rackmounted M80s. All the systems have external SSA excluding the
rootvgs.
        My concern is when we attempt to restore the rootvgs. Will we have
to manually go though and restore some system files while skipping others?
Our rootvgs hold /, /usr/, /etc/, /tmp/, and /home/.

        We haven't started anything so even suggestions on preventive
measures would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Neil Poland