ADSM-L

Re: lost my library

2000-12-05 12:29:14
Subject: Re: lost my library
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:25:43 -0500
>Can any of the solaris experts tell me the relationship between the MTLIB
>commadn and the /etc/ibmatl.conf?
>
>Can the Ibmatl.conf be refreshed dynamicly

James - See the IBM manual:
        "IBM SCSI Tape Drive, Medium Changer, and Library Device Drivers"
        Installation and User's Guide  GC35-0154
(FTP to ftp.storsys.ibm.com, in /devdrvr directory)
It specifies that you need to restart the daemon after modifying the file.

The mtlib command is just another piece of software that goes through
the lmcpd daemon to access the library.  The daemon references the
/etc/ibmatl.conf file when it starts.

   Richard Sims, BU