ADSM-L

ADSM Client Performance counters

2015-10-04 17:25:42
Subject: ADSM Client Performance counters
From: Neil Schofield [mailto:Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Has anybody got the ADSM Client Performance counters working for the v4.1
TSM
client software running under NT?

I installed the 4.1.1.16 client on an NT workstation. The install created a
key
in the registry called "TSM Client Performance". However, the versions of
DSMCPERF.DLL and PERFCTR.INI that were installed seemed to reference a key
called "ADSM Client Performance".

I managed to sort this out, along with the extraneous quotation marks and
lack
of a fully qualified path to the DLL in the registry values. I then used
LODCTR
to load the counters into Performance Monitor.

The counters appear, but never register any backup activity. They just stay
at
zero.

I've got an additional problem with the client running on a Compaq server.
On
this system, starting the Compaq NT Management and Patrol for Insight
Manager
services causes an 'ADSM_Client_ThreadList_Mutex' error in the event log.
The
source of the error is "ADSM Client Performance".

Has anybody got this working?

Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office 2 The Embankment Sovereign Street Leeds LS1 4BG
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682