ADSM-L

TDP for Informix to TSM 4.1.1 Performance

2000-12-02 22:46:37
Subject: TDP for Informix to TSM 4.1.1 Performance
From: Othonas Xixis <othonas AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 22:43:07 -0500
Hi,

I am looking for some good performing (as far as speed of backup is
conserned) onconfig values for the following two variables:

BAR_NB_XPORT_COUNT   (Number of data buffers of each onbar_d process -
Default value is: 10)
BAR_XFER_BUF_SIZE  (PageSize of each transfer buffer - Default value is:
15)
My API & TDP for Informix is 4.1 , Server&Client: AIX4.3.3 , 100Mbps FDX
My API & TDP for Informix is 4.1 , Server&Client: AIX4.3.3 , 100Mbps FDX
Network, backing up to 3 3590 tapes drives. Memory and Paging space is:
3GB
My DB is about 500+ GB and my BAR_MAX_BACKUP is set to 3.

Any AIX fast performing AIX settings are also welcomed.

Thanks in advance for yr assistance. Bgds.

Othonas