ADSM-L

Re: TSM-SQL-question..

2000-12-01 12:19:27
Subject: Re: TSM-SQL-question..
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:19:54 -0700
Here is an example that might help.

'select * from EVENTS where scheduled_start>'08/01/2000' and
scheduled_start<'08/31/2000'

James Thompson

From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: TSM-SQL-question..
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:59:17 +0100

Hello!
Any SQL-experts out there?

I have no experience with sql except from the few things I have learned
from the tsm-implementation.

I want to query the events-table for avents for, lets say the last 24
hours.

Just like with the q events, only entries since today 00:00 are displayed
as default.
in the q events you can add begind=today-1, begint=now-24 and similar.

Is it possible to do the same in a sql-statement?

I have been playing around a little, but the only way I have come up with
so far is to enter the fromdate explicitely like

tsm: SUMO>select SCHEDULED_START,NODE_NAME,SCHEDULE_NAME from events where
SCHED          ULED_START \> '2000-11-30 12:13:14'

works, and I thought also the following wold works, but only returns
entries from after today 00:00:

tsm: SUMO>select SCHEDULED_START,NODE_NAME,SCHEDULE_NAME from events where
     cast((current_timestamp-SCHEDULED_START)hours as decimal) < 24

What am I missing here?

Any suggestions/comments on this wold be appreciated..

                        Tom