ADSM-L

Platform interoperability of API clients

2000-11-29 09:10:31
Subject: Platform interoperability of API clients
From: Christian Burkamp <C.Burkamp AT CE-AG DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:47:52 +0100
Platform interoperability of API clients

Hi everybody,

I'm programming a client using the TSM API. The client needs to store data
from a Win NT system. Another version of the client has to run on Unix (e.g.
HP/UX) and retrieve the data. This does not work because the NT filespaces
are not visible on HP/UX. I opened a problem record at IBM but they told me
that platform independend access is not possible. Does anybody know a
solution for this problem? I don't see a good reason why it should be a
matter which platform retrieves the data.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With kind regards

Christian Burkamp
Systems Development