ADSM-L

Re: How to archive daily/monthly/weekly

2015-10-04 17:26:33
Subject: Re: How to archive daily/monthly/weekly
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I did receive almost the same request of our users and started some tests,
thinking that a daily backup and a yearly archive were the only
possibilities.
But then I started thinking of using backupsets. Our users wanted to go a
little
further and have a daily copy, a weekly copy, a monthly copy and the
possibilitie to archive some files freeing space on the server. I think I
will
choose to solve this problem like that but we still have to discuss some
points.
So my proposition would be for you: a daily incremental backup scheduled via
the
known way. Monthly create a backupset witj a retention period long enough to
cover the retention period your customer asks and a yearly archive with a
retention of 7 years.

I do not think you can combine management classes in the include/exclude
options.

Hope to have helped you,

M.Engels