ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: Include/Exclude-section disappears (?!) on TSM

2015-10-04 17:26:33
Subject: Antwort: Re: Include/Exclude-section disappears (?!) on TSM
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello,
i found also that strange things. My solution was (and I tested it) to put
this statement in the dsm.opt file
inclexcl  FILENAME
And then put the INCLUDE/EXCLUDE Statements in that separate file. In this
case, the dsm.opt and the inclexcl-file was unchanged.
But I think this is a bug and should be solved by an apar.

Mit freundlichen Gr|_en / best regards

Gerd Becker

EMPRISE NETWORK Consulting GmbH
Albstr. 14
70597 Stuttgart

Tel.: 0711/990083-0 oder Mobil: 0172/4036581
Fax: 0711/990083-9
mailto:gerd.becker AT emprise DOT de
mailto:scc AT s390 DOT de

http://www.emprise.de
http://www.s390.de

                    John Monahan
                    <JohnMonahan@LIBERTYDIVERS        An:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    IFIED.COM>                        Kopie:  (Blindkopie:
Gerd Becker/Emprise)
                    Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist         Thema:  Re:
Include/Exclude-section disappears (?!) on TSM 4.11
                    Stor Manager"                     Client.....
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    27.11.00 18:19
                    Bitte antworten an "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"

I have seen this happen when you use the GUI setup wizard on the client.
It specifically happened to me when using it to configure the web client,
but may happen with the other configurations as well.  It does not happen
if you use the dsmcutil command.  It's easy to replicate, just make a
backup copy of your options file, run the wizard, view the original options
file again.

    John Monahan
    Network Administrator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677

                    Gunnar Uhr
                    <guhr AT KS DOT SE>         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    Sent by:             cc:
                    "ADSM: Dist          Subject:
Include/Exclude-section disappears (?!) on TSM 4.11
                    Stor Manager"        Client.....
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    11/24/00
                    08:03 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    guhr

Hello

I have only installed TSM-client 4.11 on a few of my NT4.0 Servers yet.
I have got a Quite strange phenomena.

After a while some OPT-files on the clients have got all(!) of the
Include- and Exclude-
statements I have had there earlier totaly erased.

Have it perhaps something to do with the using of the
"Backup-client-GUI" on the nodes ?

(The TSM server I'm backing them up to is on AIX and at the moment ver
3.7)

Any hints ?

 I Am by the way (tomorrow) upgrading from ADSM ver 3.?? to TSM ver 4.11
on
a (two) Microsoft Cluster server (NT4.0) with MsSQL servers (7.0) on
them.

Are there anyone of You that has any experience of that ?

Thanks and Greetings from

Gunnar

Gunnar Uhr
IT-Service
KAROLINSKA HOSPITAL
171 76  STOCKHOLM  e-mail  gunnar.uhr AT ks DOT se
SWEDEN