ADSM-L

Exit Codes from server scripts..

2000-11-27 12:18:48
Subject: Exit Codes from server scripts..
From: Bruce Mitchell <bruce.mitchell AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:25:04 +0000
Does anyone know how  to return an exit code from a server scripts that korn
shell will pick up as non-zero (ie failure)..

Scenario is as per the sample bkup_stg_db scripts (called from KSH). I start
the korn shell script , which checks if a BKUP STGPOOL
process is already running ,and if so reschedule the script for NOW+0:20.  What
i want is 'some kind of exit in the reschedule label'  that gets parsed by ksh
as 'not ok'. At the moment the KSH script picks this up as OK ,and continues
rest of script. (Move drm's and prepare). I'm loath to put all into server
scripts , as we want to run the ksh using Control-M scheduler and catch a
result, so thought I'd ask first.

TIA

LONDON
Tel:       +44(0) 207 547 4917
Fax        +44(0) 207 650 7917
Mobile    +44(0) 468 361-885
email:    bruce.mitchell AT db DOT com

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised
forbidden.