ADSM-L

Re: ANR0314W Recovery log usage

2000-11-22 13:23:31
Subject: Re: ANR0314W Recovery log usage
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:10:39 -0500
The guidelines are just that. If there is a lot of activity before a sync point
for the db, the log can fill. Did you do a q log to show the max utilized?

>>> LHuffman AT GW.CTG DOT COM 11/22/00 11:06AM >>>
Hello everyone!

I received the below error messages in the Activity log:

ANR0314W Recovery log usage exceeds 98 % of its assigned capacity

ANR2104I Activity log process restarted - recovered from an insufficient space
condition in the Log or Database.

The first error caused 3 scheduled backups to fail.  After the recovery, the
remaining backups were successful.  According to "the formula", our database
and recovery log size is sufficient.  What else could be causing these errors?
How could this be prevented in the future?

Thanks!

Laura Huffman
700 Corporate, Buffalo
716-888-3652