ADSM-L

Re: Copy Storage-pool Definitions for Cloning a Server

2000-11-22 06:36:58
Subject: Re: Copy Storage-pool Definitions for Cloning a Server
From: paul baines <paulbaines AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:36:33 -0000
Hi,
Is the library definition(s) also left out? It might be that these are
deliberately left out of the EXPORT/IMPORT function because they are
operating system dependant. Devclass can contain (for FILE) a directory name
that is not compatible between, say, Windows and Unix (slashes the "wrong"
way round). Devclass also can have a library, whose definition also is
operating system dependant. Storage pools are then dependant on a device
class.
Just my first thoughts on this.

Paul.

Hi *SM'ers,
i cloned my production server into a new one and took EXPORT/IMPORT
function for this task. It works wonderful. But I missed the
device-classes. It's ok that they aren't there. I can take them from my
backuped devconfig file and bring it as macro in my new server. The
Storage-Pool Definitions are also missing. How can I bring them from one
server to the other?

Has anyone an idea?

Mit freundlichen Gr|_en / best regards

Gerd Becker

EMPRISE NETWORK Consulting GmbH
Albstr. 14
70597 Stuttgart

Tel.: 0711/990083-0 oder Mobil: 0172/4036581
Fax: 0711/990083-9
mailto:gerd.becker AT emprise DOT de
mailto:scc AT s390 DOT de

http://www.emprise.de