ADSM-L

DLT Tape Unmounts after restore

2015-10-04 17:26:32
Subject: DLT Tape Unmounts after restore
From: Jennings, Andre [mailto:ajennings AT CROWNCRAFTS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have a manual tape library that consists of two (2) DLT drives.  I'm doing
command line restores (in dsmc) of individual drive letters from an OS level
backup and every time I get done restoring a drive letter, the DLT drive
unmounts the tape and places the drive in eject status.  The IBM 7506 DLT
drives have to be manually operated to eject the tape and load a tape .  Is
there a way to prevent this from happening.  I'm using that same tape
(volume) for the very next drive letter restore

Andre'"