ADSM-L

Re: Offsite copypools and rellocaction

2000-11-21 08:34:02
Subject: Re: Offsite copypools and rellocaction
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:24:33 -0500
I think there will be general agreement that copypools are not normally
colocatted since your restores come from your primary storage pool, and quicker
restores are the primary advantage of colocation.

>>> paul.ewing AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ 11/20/00 11:24PM >>>
We are in the process of creating offsite copypools for DR purposes. We are
constrained with the number of tape drives and the available window for
running reclamation. I have read the item "Re: Offsite DR Cartridges" which
implies that cartridge usage could increase dramatically with collocation
turned on for these pools. We have 72 nodes registered to ADSM and the
copypools total approximately 2TB. What is the recommended approach for
offsite copypools?