ADSM-L

Re: Upgradedb command

2000-11-21 05:07:17
Subject: Re: Upgradedb command
From: paul baines <paulbaines AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:06:52 -0000
Hello,

I noticed during an AIX install of TSM that the install ran the following
command:

dsmserv upgradedb runfile /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/haltsrvr.cmd

I have no idea what this means :-) but you could maybe play with that?
Don't hold me responsible ...etc.

Paul.

Hi,
        When doing an dsmserv upgradedb command, the server continues to
run
after completion.  Is it possible to add a flag that will shut down the
server
once it has finished upgrading the database?  We are attempting to automate
some of the server upgrade process, and this one command is halting our
progress 8^)

Thanks,
-Matt

Matt Bacchi                              mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
IBM Global Services                     mbacchi AT btv.ibm DOT com
Dept. F6TG, MD Filesystems/Internet          (802) 769-4072
ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup                        (tie) 446-4072