ADSM-L

Failed backups

2000-11-20 15:52:10
Subject: Failed backups
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:32:14 -0500
Hello everyone.

 I am the TSM server administrator at our site and we are running TSM 3.7.3
server on OS/390 2.9. I have an issue with backups either 'Failed' or
'Missed' as identified by using the TSM 'Q EV' command. Here  is my
question. We are thinking of doing a ping of any server that receives a
failed or missed message overnight to see if there are true connectivity
issues, has anyone come up with a method of doing this?

 I know the shortfalls of this idea as the TSM Scheduler Service may have
failed but we need to know that these are not server related issues.

 Please let me know if anyone can provide me with insight into this
situation.

 Thanks,
     Brian