ADSM-L

Rehosting from S/390 to other platforms

2000-11-20 14:15:47
Subject: Rehosting from S/390 to other platforms
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:14:05 -0500
Hi,

I have been asked to look into rehosting our TSM service
instead of upgrading our S/390 processor.  I know many
people on the list have gone thru this.  Could you reply directly to me
please about your reasons for doing so?  I would also
like to know how difficult it was and especially if you saved money
and how much.

My current server is 3.7.3.8 on os/390 2.6.  The processor is
a 9672-r14, with rva dasd and 9840 tapes in a silo.  1,700 clients,
mostly enduser desktops, 11T of data stored & 140M versions.

TIA,

--