ADSM-L

Re: Include dsmadmc command in a Korn Script

2000-11-20 07:35:03
Subject: Re: Include dsmadmc command in a Korn Script
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:34:34 -0500
>If using the option PASSWORDACCESS in your cient option file is a problem in
>your environment, then you'll have to include it in a hidden text file and
>source this. If the first choice is ok, then include this line in your
>dsm.sys file :-
>
>PASSWORDAccess    GENERATE
>
>Good luck
>
>> All:
>> I'm new to the listserv, and ADSM, but not AIX.
>>> Question: how do I include a dsmadmc command (a select query) in one of my
> Korn shell scripts without advertising a name & password by including it
>in
>> the script, i.e., "dsmadmc -id=xxxxxx -pa=xxxxxx select ...."?
>> Thanks!
>> Ruth Robertson
>> rrobert AT coxnet DOT org

PASSWORDACCESS pertains to the client node password, not an administrator
password, which varies by administrator.

Yet another approach would be to perform the administrative action through an
agent, in the form of a program which has the admin password encrypted within
it, say; or an intermediary daemon which recognizes you as authorized in some
way.

       Richard Sims, BU