ADSM-L

MCAFEE & TSM client on NT

2000-11-17 11:56:39
Subject: MCAFEE & TSM client on NT
From: "O'Connell, John R" <John.R.O'Connell AT SBS.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:29:43 -0800
        We have noticed a problem between MCAFEE Virus Scan & TSM client
either 3.7.2 or 4.1.1.  What happens is a backup is initiated either through
the scheduled or on demand, the registery gets backed up, and shortly after
the TSM client will not transfer any data.  The TSM client times out (In our
case 2 hours).  When I disable the MCAFEE Virus Shield the backup runs fine.
The level of MCAFEE Virus Scan software is 4.0.2 and virus definition is
4.0.4105.  This only happens on 5 or 6 clients out of 100 NT clients.

John R. O'Connell
Phone:408-492-2042
Pager:8777372280
John.R.O'Connell AT sbs.siemens DOT com