ADSM-L

moving a server

2000-11-16 18:01:54
Subject: moving a server
From: "Fluker, Tom R" <Tom.Fluker AT VIASYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 18:01:00 -0500
I realize the topic has been discussed in the past but I'll ask again in
case someone has had more recent experience...

I would like to upgrade from ADSM 3.1 to TSM 3.7   AND  change servers from
RS/6000 to Sun at the same time.

I don't plan to make any changes to the 3494/3590 devices but the disk
storage pools will, obviously, change.

Has anybody done anything quite like this?
Can you give me some pointers or pitfalls that I can avoid?
Is it going to require a server export/import or can I just use the database
backup tape?

Any suggestions, checklists, notes, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tom Fluker
Viasystems Technologies