ADSM-L

Looping Access Errors

2000-11-15 10:10:20
Subject: Looping Access Errors
From: Louis Wiesemann <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:09:50 -0500
We have seen this problem a couple of times now and were wondering if anyone
has any suggestions for an easy way to deal with it.  We have seen someone who
is not a registered node on our OS/390 TSM 3.7.3 server attempt to access the
server with a client.  Of course, they get rejected as an invalid node, but
they apparently have a poorly designed automated process which repeatedly
retries the attempt.  We have had to determine who it is based on their IP
address and try to contact them about stopping their process.

It is similar to what we have seen when a registered NT node gets their
password out of sync and continues to generate repeated access errors.  We can
lock those nodes until they correct the problem, but we can't lock a node that
is not defined.  Well, I assume I can't; I didn't actually try it.

It would be nice to have some way to control these repeated non-registered
access errors from the server side as well.

Thanks for any ideas.

Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952