ADSM-L

Re: Client ver 3.7.2 - no SA software

2000-11-15 01:28:32
Subject: Re: Client ver 3.7.2 - no SA software
From: "France, Don G (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:20:33 -0800
Yep... we see the same phenomenon for some customer environments.  Maria's
suggestion may fix your browser-admin experience.

Just a suggestion, though - sounds like you're wanting to do some "more than
casual" administering - so, I recommend a couple things:  (a) use the
dsmaccnt.log file to extract the 4961 info (and other session stats) and/or
(b) use the admin command-line interface and run server scripts or macros to
accomplish frequently-repeated tasks... some folks run shell scripts which
perform daily queries using dsmadmc and store the results in a flat file
which might then be displayed via an internal web page.

Don France

Technical Architect - Unix Engineering/P.A.C.E.
San Jose, CA
mailto:dfrance AT pacbell DOT net
PACE - http://www.pacepros.com