ADSM-L

Re: DR test-testing

2000-11-14 15:43:34
Subject: Re: DR test-testing
From: Allen Barth <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:36:30 -0600
Sure!  Use the virtualnodename parameter in dsm.opt

                    "Wise, Alan
                    N."                  To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <Alan.Wise@BC        cc:
                    BSLA.COM>            Subject:     DR test-testing
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    11/14/00
                    02:06 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Here is a "Disaster-Recovery" testing question:  we are attempting to
practice restoring the server then restoring a client from the restored
ADSM
server.  My current quandry lies in server-clinet names; the LAN techs say
we cannot define a test client with the same name as the test box lives in
the same segment as teh current production image.  Does anybody know how to
restore a filespace from another client to a client with a different node
name?  We are running ADSM 3.7.2  at the OS/390 server, &  WinNT client
level 4.0.
 TIA,
Alan Wise - confused sysprog,
(Alan.Wise AT bcbsla DOT com)