ADSM-L

Mountablenotinlib / mountableinlib

2000-11-14 12:57:41
Subject: Mountablenotinlib / mountableinlib
From: "Diana J. Noble" <djk AT UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:57:09 -0500

Thanks for everyone who responded to my question about "move media vs. checkout".  I found the answers quite helpful and I've been testing both commands.  Now I've seem to have created another problem for myself.  I've searched the archives about this problem and found others who have had this problem but no answers that corrected the situation for me.

The tapes that I issued the move media command against and have checked back in, report under a query media as being mountableinlib but if I try and delete them I get a message saying that it cannot delete them because the tape is mountablenotinlib.  My reuse flag is set at 0, I've issued the move media command to change the state, I've checked them out and checked them in (without removing them from the library) and I've waited overnight to see if it magically corrected itself (this was also in the archives but I didn't think I'd be so lucky :).  I'm at 3.1.2.58 on AIX 4.3.  Anyone know how to get the status corrected throughout the database.  It's obviously kept in more that one spot since it's being reported both ways.  This is what the detailed query media produces:

Volume Name: 000060
State: Mountable in library
Last Update Date/Time: 10/24/00 17:07:10
Location:
Storage Pool Name: OFFSITE
Automated LibName: TAPELIB
Volume Status: Empty
Access: Read/Write
Last Reference Date: 10/03/00 18:03:46

Output from a query volume:

Volume Name: 000060
Storage Pool Name: OFFSITE
Device Class Name: 3590E
Estimated Capacity (MB): 0.0
Pct Util: 0.0
Volume Status: Empty
Access: Read/Write
Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.0
Scratch Volume?: Yes
In Error State?: No
Number of Writable Sides: 1
Number of Times Mounted: 1
Write Pass Number: 1
Approx. Date Last Written: 10/03/00 18:03:46
Approx. Date Last Read: 10/03/00 17:30:31
Date Became Pending:
Number of Write Errors: 0
Number of Read Errors: 0
Volume Location:
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
Last Update Date/Time: 11/09/00 23:15:34

Error received during Delete:

ANR1425W Scratch volume 000060 is empty but will not be deleted - volume state is "mountablenotinlib".